star Leading Coach
Mari’s life philosophy is to seize the moment; she loves to enjoy whatever she is doing. As well as agility, Mari is a specialist in the physical conditioning of dogs and she always wants to make sure that the dogs are in the top shape possible. If something is wrong, she will do everything she can to rehabilitate the dog.
Mari wants to train her dogs well and she spends a lot of time on obstacle and technique training. Because she cannot run as fast as Usain Bolt, she aims to handle her dogs well from a distance and allow them to move independently in the course.
Mari has he own style of agility, even though she knows that it is sometimes risky to handle the dog from a distance. She believes in her approach and not without reason: she has been in the Finnish national team several times with her dogs.
Feeling good about what she is doing is also important when Mari is teaching. She gets inspired when the students learn to understand their dogs and develop as handlers. Mari believes that if you train enough to become a technically skillful handler, you don’t have to be the fastest runner in the competition and you can still be successful.
Mari can spend a lot of time training with her dogs but most of her time is spent thinking and evaluating all options. She wants to understand her dogs even better and develop as a handler all the time.
Coach Training Events
- OneMind Dogs Coach Week 2015 / Kaarina, Finland
- OneMind Dogs Coach Week 2016 / Kaarina, Finland
- Handling Techniques 1 / March 2017, Haukipudas, Finland
- Foundation for agility / January 2017, Kaarina, Finland
- Handling Techniques 1 / September 2016, Peyton, CO, USA
- OneMind Dogs Coach Week 2018 / Lieto, Finland
Certified to teach
- OneMind Dogs Coach, can teach everything in the OneMind Dogs method